- White miso paste (6 tablespoons)
- 1 or 2 green onions (coarsely chopped)
- Rice wine (1/3 cup)
- Sugar (4 tablespoons)
- 4 salmon fillets
- Mix miso paste, rice wine, and sugar in a bowl. Mash and stir until a consistent mixture is formed with a medium consistency similar to thicker oatmeal, but completely mixed together. Add in miso or rice wine accordingly to achieve this.
- Put the salmon in a tupperware container that has been lined with a paper towel. Cover all salmon fillets in the miso and rub it on.
- Add the green onions in and place around all the fillets.
- Cover the fillets with a paper towel and marinate for 24 hours.
- To cook the salmon, place 2 fillets on a plate, cover with a paper towel, then microwave for 3 minutes or until cooked. The ends should be slightly seared compared to the rest of the fish.
- Serve with rice.